hands unclenched. knees bent. heart wide open.

"I hope no one who reads this book has been quite as miserable as Susan and Lucy were that night; but if you have been - if you've been up all night and cried till you have no more tears left in you - you will know that there comes in the end a sort of quietness. You feel as if nothing is ever going to happen again.” C.S. Lewis, Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
 From a Redeemer Presbyterian podcast, one Sunday afternoon (Click to listen:Peace Overcoming Anxiety):
The secret to defeat anxiety is found in Philippians 4:8. Tim Keller said that thanking God ahead of time for the things you are asking/requesting because He is good and He does all things good-whatever His response is (even if He denies a favorable response because it is not the right time or He answered in a totally different manner) the secret to having the peace of God mentioned in the text. Peace is having constant confidence in God's wise and good control of my life. 
Peace of God: a frame of heart that is completely constant and solid and confident no matter what the condition! Confidence and stability in a God who controls and ordains my life. 
"What looks to us like a good thing might actually ruin us. How thankful I am for God's withholdings, for his unfailing faithfulness." Elisabeth Elliot

“Lord, you can do it. I don’t understand why you haven’t done it yet, but I trust You. Because what I can see of my circumstances is not all that’s there." Carolyn McCulley

Comments

Popular Posts