when a dream dies.


When a dream dies and the heart cries, God plants other dreams and gives us new reasons to rejoice...

The truth is I cannot dream God-sized dreams. I also cannot bear God-sized tragedies. Whether I am realizing dreams or dealing with the loss of them, I need the One who created me and loves me.There is a comfort in knowing the days of my life are numbered by Him. He knows all the things I will not be. But really that's not so important. What is more important is that He knows the things I WILL be. Things better than I could ever dream of. So I choose to grieve the things I would not be and ask my loving Father to show me new dreams-the things “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined.(1Cor.2:9)” Suzanne Hadley Gosselin, The Things I Won't Be  
 http://www.boundless.org/adulthood/2010/the-things-i-wont-be
 John Piper: "I would quote to him V. Raymond Edman: “Don’t question in the dark what God showed you in the light.” Darkness comes. In the middle of it, the future looks blank. The temptation to quit is huge. Don’t. You are in good company. You are in the pit with King David. He waited. “I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction” (Ps. 40:1–2). God will do that for you. You will argue with yourself that there is no way forward. But with God, nothing is impossible. He has more ropes and ladders and tunnels out of pits than you can conceive. Wait. Pray without ceasing. Hope." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Job and Sweet Tooth

I'll Be Seeing You...

the long fall back to earth