unsaid.

Much unhappiness has come into the world because of bewilderment and things left unsaid. -- Fyodor Dostoevsky



Simple Together

poetry by Alanis Morissette


You've been my golden best friend 
Now with post - demise at hand 
Can't go to you for consolation 
'Cause we're off limits during this transition 

This grief overwhelms me 
It burns in my stomach 
And I can't stop bumping into things 

I thought we'd be simple together 
I thought we'd be happy together 
Thought we'd be limitless together 
I thought we'd be precious together 
But I was sadly mistaken 


You've been my soulmate and mentor 
I remembered you the moment I met you 
With you I knew god's face was handsome 
With you I suffered an expansion 

This loss is numbing me 
It pierces my chest 
And I can't stop dropping everything 

I thought we'd be sexy together 
Thought we'd be evolving together 
I thought we'd have children together 
I thought we'd be family together 
But I was sadly mistaken 

If I had a bill for all the philosophies I shared 
If I had a penny for all the possibilities I presented 
If I had a dime for every hand thrown up in the air 
My wealth would render this no less severe 

I thought we'd be genius together 
I thought we'd be healing together 
I thought we'd be growing together 
Thought we'd be adventurous together 
Thought we'd be exploring together 
Thought we'd be inspired together 
I thought we'd be flying together 
Thought we'd be on fire together 

But I was sadly mistaken.



Love all your days, if you choose, but don't let it spoil you, for it's wicked to throw away so many good gifts because you can't have the one you want.” Louissa May Alcott,  Little Women

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Job and Sweet Tooth

I'll Be Seeing You...

the long fall back to earth